Orange County Employment Attorney / Violation of POBAR Rights

Violation of POBAR Rights

Do you have questions about the violation of POBAR rights? Watch this video for guidance, then call our Orange County Employment Attorney to get started.


What recourse do I have if my POBAR rights have been violated in Orange County?


Violation of POBAR Rights We recently received a call from a potential client who worked in Los Angeles County as a police officer. The client wanted to know what recourse he had if his rights under POBAR were violated. Generally speaking, the superior courts in California have jurisdiction over POBAR violations. Courts are able to suppress any evidence that was obtained in violation of POBAR. Courts are able to grant injunctions or restraining orders that would prevent an agency from taking some type of action. Courts are sometimes allowed to order a government agency or department to take some type of action. Courts can also award fees of up to, but not exceeding, $25,000 for each POBAR violation, and they also can award attorneys’ fees.

If you believe that your rights were violated under POBAR, give our office a call for a consultation.

Have you or a loved one been treated unfairly at work and have questions about the violation of POBAR rights? Contact experienced Orange County Employment Law Attorney at the Law Office of Bijan Darvish today to schedule a consultation and case evaluation. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel